Tuesday, September 04, 2007


Wow!!!, originally uploaded by La Route.

Wow!!!

Being in the lead car, I watch the others gliding down the dunes in Sandwich Bay...
#1 on Explore, August 29th, 2007 and reached #1 on August 30th, even if fleetingly - the shock!!!
Best seen Large


On my four week trip to Namibia, Botswana, Zambia for Victoria Falls and finally in Mozambique I took over 2500 photos and it will take me awhile to work through them. I don't wish to bore you with images you've seen dozens of times and so I will try to show you my view of this part of Africa in a very condensed fashion, I hope I succeed.

My trip was quite extraordinary, firstly I drove, on my own for 13 days and 2700 km. . I had one worry, my tires! The roads are surprisingly good but I had been told that punctures happened frequently on the many gravel roads and so I drove like a ballet dancer trying to avoid any too sharp rock... I don't know how to change a tire!! At least twice, I drove for 150 km without meeting another car...

At 825,418 km² (318,696 mi²)[2], Namibia is the world's thirty-fourth largest country (after Venezuela). It is comparable in size to Pakistan, and is about half the size of the US state of Alaska. After Mongolia, Namibia is the least densely populated country in the world (2.5 persons per km²).
(Wikipedia)

The people, a little over 2,000.000 are very welcoming in this very arid country. There is no feeling of tension and I was very comfortable driving on my own.

No comments: