Friday, August 17, 2007


Into Oblivion, originally uploaded by Lee Seung Kye.

Into Oblivion

Into Oblivion View Large On Black
- This location is by the coast which has been formed by the glaciers of the ice age. Many places around here has unique forms shaped by sea water and weather over a long period of time.
- 15 sec. exposure with Canon EF-S 17-85mm f/4-5.6 IS USM hence the slight wide angle.
- Actually I was here to try out a new Canon EF 70-300mm f/4-5.6 IS USM that I received from the US, but...I think the 17-85mm did a great job.
Anyway, it was almost dark, very hot and humid (slippery rocks) and I had already encountered the only dangerous snake species in Norway...two of them
I almost stepped upon!
You should see me flying at those moments ladies and gentlemen! It would be a great silhouette shot against the sunset!
On my way back (around a 10 min. walk) from the shoreline into the woods where I had parked, the path was made dark by the inevitable dance of sun and earth.
My small 10 min. walk suddenly became a rollercoaster ride without safety belts!
It was on this path I encountered several snakes when arriving earlier that evening...
but then it was just before sunset and it was still light...I could see them in front of my feet.
When walking back I stepped very VERY cautiously...my ears doing the work of their lives
as in my field of vision was only a darkened trail to follow. Vegetation had this grey/black dim from midnight light which in turn painted the path pure black. It was like walking in a dark dream and observing every tiny sound for any sign of snakes. Hahaha. I guess I was glad when stepping into my car.
My point is : photography, ladies and gents, is not just a walk in the park ;-P
I am not a brave person. I only happen to put photography on a high priority!
And I know that if my karma is still to be bitten by a snake ; I surely will be.
- For more new images from this location visit www.leeseungkye.com

No comments: